Asset Forfeiture

Civil And Criminal Forfeiture

The government has the power to seize your assets and property if it is connected to illegal activity. Criminal convictions can result in a criminal forfeiture case, where your assets and property can be seized by the government.

Civil forfeiture cases are more complex. The government can seize your assets or property if they believe it is connected to an illegal activity. You do not have to be charged or convicted of a crime in a civil forfeiture case.

Civil And Criminal Representation

The Brasuell Law Firm, in Little Rock, has represented clients in federal and state civil and criminal forfeiture cases in Arkansas. Cash forfeiture or property forfeiture can significantly affect your finances and peace of mind.

Civil cases are difficult. You need to be careful not to incriminate yourself during a civil investigation. Your case may start off as a civil investigation but self-incrimination can lead to you facing very serious criminal charges.

Toney Brasuell is a skilled criminal defense attorney who also has a civil litigation background. I have extensive experience handling criminal and civil cases, and understand the serious implications of civil forfeiture cases.

Toney Brasuell will guide you through the process, protect your rights and work to proactively find a solution.

Were Your Assets Or Property Seized?

When can your assets or property be seized by the government? There are three different scenarios that can lead to civil or criminal forfeiture:

  • Contraband: goods that have been imported or exported illegally
  • Proceeds were a result of illegal activity
  • Property was purchased with the proceeds of illegal drug activity or money laundering

Toney Brasuell has represented clients being investigated for drug crimesmoney laundering and other criminal offenses that have resulted in civil forfeiture issues. It is important to have an experienced attorney on your side. What may seem like a friendly interview to you can turn into criminal charges down the road.

Contact Us

It is never too early to start protecting your rights if you are being investigated by the government. We will protect your rights and help you find a resolution in your civil or criminal case. To schedule a free initial consultation, please call us at 501-404-7111 or 877-241-0578 or contact us online.